Teaching and learning are the responsibility and joy of all members of a community
Gifts of all sizes are essential to Swan School’s program and mission. More than 40% of our students receive financial aid for access to small class sizes, leadership opportunities, hands-on education, and a thriving, supportive community of teachers and learners.
We strive to keep tuition as low as possible so Swan School can be an educational option for a broad and integrated pool of families. Our annual fundraising campaign helps offset the gap between tuition and the actual cost of the individualized, community-minded education we provide.
Your tax deductible contribution to Swan School:
- Supports students from all socio-economic levels through our financial aid program allowing them access to a quality education.
- Builds our community by ensuring Swan School’s child-centered education program continues to nurture confident, capable, community-minded students.
- Ensures students can continue to learn the value of participating in community service projects like the Backpack for Kids lunch program, the United Good Neighbors’ Day of Caring, and growing food in our school garden for the Port Townsend Food Bank.
- Provides opportunities for immersion in experiential learning, such as the Adventurers’ recent trip to the North Cascades Institute to study mountain ecology.
- Supports current students like 6th grader Maggie who, when asked about Swan School, said “It’s like a big family with a lot of sisters and brothers!”
- Encourages the retention of incredible staff members like Loida Robles, beloved by students and parents alike for caring insights, love of teaching, and deep connections with every child.
- Invests in building a comprehensive foundation for a diverse array of students, such as:
- Peri Muellner, who follows her passion as an Environmental Policy student at Linfield College, earning the college’s Sustainability Leadership and Lifestyle Award this past spring.
- Ewan Shortess, who ranked in the top 2% of Iowa State University business students last year.
- Alanna Daily, who recently released her jazz and blues album Little Dreams.
These are but a tiny sample of the extraordinary citizens who will shape our future world. With your gift, large or small, we will continue our mission to guide them.
Thank you for your support.
Use this link to support Swan School with every one of your Amazon purchases! We get a percentage of every sale- shop and donate at the same time!