Dear Swan School Families,
Wow, this weather!! Friday, 1/20, Swan School will start 2 hours late and preschool will be cancelled. This is due to the predicted icy road conditions in the morning which are expected to get better by late morning.
That said, I know that the weather and conditions can be quite different from place to place. One person told me that they have nearly 2 feet of snow where they live while at my house we have about 6 inches. Another parent told me that the roads near her home were quite treacherous while someone else told me just the opposite about the roads near her house. If you feel that the conditions at your home are simply not safe enough to travel to school on, please feel free to stay home. In other words, check out the conditions near your house in the morning and then use your discretion as to bringing your child to school or not. You and your child’s safety are much more important than a Friday spelling test.
You have likely heard by now that our winter concert has been postponed until February 3, ironically due to winter weather.
Hopefully I’ll see you tomorrow… or next Monday.